On the 1st of January 2016 Wales took a massive step and became the first country in the world to legislate that sprinklers are now required in all new homes.
From the 1st of January 2016 the requirement applies to all:
- Care Homes
- Children’s Residential Homes
- Boarding Houses
- Halls of Residences
- Hostels (other than those intended for temporary accommodation e.g backpackers)
The legislation also applies to any property that is becoming residential, therefore:
- All New Build Construction
- Existing (non-residential) properties converted to new residential use.
- Any change in “use class” between domestic categories according to Regulation 5 of Building Regulations.